Abstract:In the hot summer, pure cotton fabrics are particularly easy to fit and uncomfortable. It has a natural feeling, so many people will choose some mixed fabrics to give themselves the most comfortable clothing in summer. Cotton and linen fabrics are such a fabric that not only has good breathability, is soft and comfortable, but can also remove some sweat from the human body as quickly as possible, giving people a comfortable feeling. So what are the special techniques for processing cotton and linen?
In recent years, cotton and linen fabrics have become increasingly popular. Many people feel comfortable and comfortable with this fabric, and the clothes that can be made from cotton and linen are also very diverse. What are the design combinations and processing techniques of cotton and linen fabrics?
Characteristics of cotton and linen
Cotton and linen The fabric is a mixed fabric of half linen and half cotton, which has the characteristics of both linen and cotton. Generally, clothes made of pure linen material have a rough and hard feel, and the friction on the skin is very obvious when worn next to the skin, and they are more likely to pill over time; while pure cotton clothes have the disadvantage of being too light in texture, making them feel soft and uncomfortable when worn. Numb firm feeling. Cotton and linen mixed fabrics effectively avoid the shortcomings of linen and cotton. The advantages and disadvantages of the two complement each other, making it the best choice for summer clothes.
Advantages and disadvantages of cotton and linen
1. Antistatic, no pilling, no buckling, no curling. Cotton linen is sewn with pure cotton and does not carry free charges. The cotton fiber is not easy to deform and does not pill.
2. Natural and environmentally friendly, from planting to hand-weaving into cloth and sewing into sheets, no pesticides and chemical dyes are used, and the textiles do not contain formaldehyde, azo, etc. Chemical heavy metal ions fully comply with the requirements of “banned carcinogenic azo dyes” stipulated in the European Community’s textile biochemical standards, making it a true green ecological textile treasure.
3. It has good breathability and sweat permeability. Cotton and linen cloth can absorb sweat and micro-perspiration on human skin, so that the body temperature can quickly return to normal, truly achieving breathability and perspiration. Sweat-absorbent, warm in winter and cool in summer, suitable for close-fitting use.
4. Comfortable, anti-itching, skin-friendly, PH value is acidic, non-irritating to the skin, and meets environmental protection and human health requirements.
5. It can improve sleep. The use of cotton and linen cloth can produce a warming effect on the human body, increase the body’s microcirculatory blood flow, effectively regulate the nervous system, and clear the meridians. Improve sleep quality.
6. Use cotton and linen bags to make drawstring bags, which are now suitable for packaging electronic products, jewelry, and precious medicinal materials. They are safer and more secure.
1. Not anti-wrinkle. Linen products, like cotton products, are purely natural and less wrinkle-resistant, which is an obvious disadvantage. Of course, it is undeniable that the random folds are the temperament of cotton and linen. Although cotton and linen are prone to wrinkles, it is actually best to take care of them. Just spray some water on the area, because linen has a good drape, and the clothes will be smooth after the water dries.
2. It feels a bit piercing when worn next to the body for the first time. Multi-color dyed linen and linen/cotton will be tougher than other fabrics. This is caused by multiple dyeing processes. As long as you patiently accept the initial touch, as the number of washes increases, it will become closer and closer to the skin’s requirements. Soft and elegant. If the unwashed fabric is smooth and not rough, it is not necessarily linen, or the linen content is less than 30%.
3. The fabric feels rough. High-quality linen fabrics, or fabrics with high flax content, will feel rough to the touch if they have not been washed many times. They will become softer after being washed a few times.
4. The dyeing tone of cotton and linen is darker and belongs to the dark color system. The effect of dyed linen is different from other dyed fabrics. Both the gloss and saturation are relatively dim. Due to the limited ability of the camera to distinguish colors, this dim effect cannot be truly reflected in product photos, so the photos are generally Brighter than real thing.
Although there are many benefits of cotton and linen fabrics, cotton and linen fabrics can also prevent radiation and inhibit the growth of bacteria, so wearing this material for a long time can only be beneficial harmless.