Polyester, chemically known as polyester fiber, is widely used in the textile market, and polyester fabric clothing has been favored by more and more people. But is polyester fabric good, and what are its advantages and disadvantages? This kind of question can still make many people confused. Today I will analyze the advantages and disadvantages of polyester fabrics for everyone, so that everyone can have a deeper understanding of polyester fabrics.
Polyester is a commonly used clothing fabric. Its chemical name is polyester fiber. It is often used to produce jackets, shirts, windbreakers and other clothing.
Classification of polyester fabrics
Polyester fabrics are mainly divided into two categories, namely polyester short fiber fabrics and polyester filament fabrics.
1. Polyester short fiber fabric
2. Polyester filament fabric
Characteristics of polyester fabric
1. Polyester fabric has high strength and good elasticity, so the fabric has strong recovery ability .
2. Heat resistance is also a major feature of polyester fabrics, so polyester is often used to make pleated skirts.
3. Polyester fabrics have good light resistance, which is no worse than natural fiber fabrics and are not easily damaged after exposure to the sun.
4. Polyester fabric is resistant to insects and chemical corrosion. There is no need to deliberately choose a certain type of laundry detergent when washing.
The uses and purchase methods of polyester fabrics
Everyone knows that polyester fabrics are mainly used in the clothing field. In fact, polyester is also gradually playing its role in the industrial field, such as building interiors. , transportation interiors are all made of polyester fabrics.
Purchase by warp and weft
1. Warp knitting and weft knitting are two ways of knitting polyester fabrics. The main difference is the extensibility. If you want to buy clothes with various styles, it is recommended to choose weft knitting because the weft knitting Knitted fabrics are generally woven with a variety of colored yarns.
2. Warp-knitted polyester fabric is wear-resistant and less prone to pilling. It is more suitable for fabrics for pants and skirts.
Advantages of polyester fabric
1. Polyester is a high-strength fiber. The strength of short fiber is between 2.6 and 5.7cN/dtex. The strength of high-strength fiber is between 5.6 and 8.0cN/dtex. How strong is it? How about high? Simply put, it is about 20 times higher than viscose fiber.
2. Super elasticity is another advantage of polyester fabric. The elasticity is equivalent to that of wool. Polyester can be restored quickly after folding or rubbing, and no wrinkles will be left. Very few fabrics have such high elasticity. elasticity.
3. The heat resistance of polyester is the best among chemical fiber fabrics, and it also has good plasticity. It is suitable for making pleated skirts and can maintain pleats well without excessive ironing.
4. The light resistance is not bad, and the light resistance exceeds that of natural fibers. The high light resistance allows polyester fabrics to be exposed to the sun.
5. The chemical properties are stable and not easily corroded by acid or alkali. If the clothes are dirty, they can be cleaned with bleach. Even in humid environments, polyester fabrics are not prone to mildew.
Disadvantages of polyester fabric
1. Polyester fabric is not easy to dye, which brings some trouble to fabric dyeing manufacturers.
2. The solvent resistance is poor, and it is easy to break holes when sprayed with soot, sparks and other substances, so try to avoid activities in such places.
3. Because of its poor hygroscopicity, polyester clothes usually feel stuffy when worn.
4. Polyester is a synthetic fiber, and synthetic fibers cannot avoid the problem of pilling.