What kind of fabric is Modal
Modal is a man-made fiber that is relatively friendly to the human body And generally does not irritate human skin and cause allergies. This artificial fiber is made by processing shrubs into wood pulp and then processing it. It is often used to produce long-sleeved, bras and other underwear, and has become rapidly popular in recent years. Come on, what are the advantages and disadvantages of modal fabrics? Let us solve this doubt for everyone.
Advantages of Modal fabric
1. Modal will not cause pollution to the environment during its production and processing. It is a natural, pollution-free and environmentally friendly fabric.
2. Modal fabric has a soft texture and excellent hygroscopicity. This feature allows Modal to be used in close-fitting clothing.
3. The fabric is brightly colored and very comfortable to the touch. Its drape and luster are no less than those of natural fibers such as cotton and silk.
4. Modal is produced from wood, so the fabric can be degraded naturally.
5. Modal fabric has high elasticity and toughness, and is durable in wet and dry conditions. The strengths are 35.6cn and 25.6cn respectively, so the phenomenon of breakage can be greatly reduced during processing.
6. Modal has good anti-wrinkle and non-iron properties. The fabric is very convenient for daily care. This is one of the reasons why Modal fabric is more popular, and it is more used in underwear and underwear. Pajamas, etc.
Disadvantages of modal fabric
1. Because the extraction and production and processing of modal raw materials require a lot of costs, Therefore, the price of fabric will be relatively higher.
2. Fading may occur after exposure to strong light, so Modal is not suitable for the production of outerwear, jackets and other clothing.
3. Modal is not very wide, so do not twist this type of fabric hard when washing, otherwise the fabric will be deformed.
What is the difference between modal and pure cotton
1. Modal has better sweat absorption and breathability than cotton. The key is But it’s not easy to pill.
2. Modal fabric is relatively simple to care for, and the fabric surface is relatively flat and does not require much ironing.
3. Its dyeing rate is higher than that of pure cotton, the color is full and beautiful, and it is not prone to yellowing or fading.
4. Modal, like pure cotton, can be blended with other fibers according to needs.